Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Culinary Goddess: Chocolate Strawberry Recipe

 
I've been following Slimming World for a while now, and I love coming up with new ideas for sweet treats to use some of my Syns on - and as I've mentioned before, I love experimenting in the kitchen - which is how I came up with these lovely choccies.  I find they taste just like Cadbury Strawberry Roses, but with real fruit pieces!


They total to approx. 3 syns per chocolate, which is a bit high, but they're a nice way to mix things up!

And of course they're not exclusive to those following Slimming World - they can be enjoyed by everyone and anyone who likes to get creative in the kitchen!

I used a silicone strawberry ice-cube mold that I recently bought in Tiger in Cork City (I'm sure you can enquire if they stock them in any of their Dublin stores), and used real strawberry pieces inside the chocolates, but of course you can use any shape molds and any fruit you want - I'd imagine chopped up pieces of cherries would turn out equally as nom!



Ingredients


  • 5 Cadbury Freddo Bars, melted - *Makes 8 chocolates (25 syns/8 = just over 3 syns) - but you could try stretch this further for slightly lower syns.

  • Fresh strawberries, chopped into small pieces.



Method

1) Melt your Freddo bars in the microwave or over a pot of hot water for a few seconds/minutes.  Start with 2 bars, then the next 2 and then 1- so as the mixture doesn't harden while you're on step 2.



2) Spoon some of the chocolate into the end of each mold and press a few pieces of strawberry into it, then spoon another bit of chocolate over the top until the fruit is covered/you fill the mold to the top.



3) Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you've used all the chocolate, and pop the mold into the freezer for about an hour.



4) Remove mold from the freezer and gently pop the chocolates out of each individual mold onto a tea towel to avoid breaking them.  


*Note: I like to keep them in a storage tub in the freezer to both prevent the chocolate melting, and to keep the fruit inside fresh.  They thaw very quickly once left out, so they can be eaten mere minutes after being taken out of the freezer.


How cute are they? And they look just like real strawberries :)




Enjoy!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment